Apart from the complete geometry comparison of component against CAD, we provide the following possibilities:
- Recognition of production defects
- Creation and analysis of sections on the component
- Control of shape and position tolerances
- Wall thickness control
- Fold analysis for sheet metal parts
- Competitor analysis
- Comparison with previous measurements (wear, abrasion, deformation, corrosion…)
This enables a very early detection of errors in the manufacturing process. You are given a precise overview of the quality of your component and can thus save costs and time.
QS report types:
- False colour analysis / malcolour analysis:
Geometric deviations between component and CAD model are shown in colour. This is for the detection of tolerance deviations on the complete component – even with complex free form geometries.
The CAD data is overlaid with the scan data. On the basis of colours, geometric differences between CAD and scan are then made visible. Green means that the surfaces are within the permitted tolerance. Red means too much and blue too little material or deviation.
- Control of shape and position tolerances (GD&T)
Shape and position of various geometries is evaluated. Permissible tolerances are taken from the technical drawings and checked.
- Cross-section analysis:
Geometric deviations between component and CAD model in various 2D sections are shown in colour. Component thicknesses and geometry deviations are determined and dimensioned.
- Wall thickness analysis:
The wall thickness of the complete component is compared with the CAD model and deviations are shown in colour.
- Comparison with previous measurements:
Determination of deformation, corrosion, wear and tear, shrinkage etc. by the same component at different times are measured, and these measurements are compared with each other.