Our 3D scan service Our 3D scan service enables the digitalization even of otherwise difficult to capture, large or small objects. conap uses 3D scanners for the non-contact scanning of objects of any shape. This is where several million points are captured and then combined to form a 3D point cloud, which results in a fascinatingly detailed digital data model. The basic geometric information of the measured object is a million times greater than with conventional tactile measuring techniques.
We are able to scan at close range as well as at long range.
- For short-range scanning, strip projection scanners and laser scanners are used. The component sizes can be between approx. 5mm x 5mm x 5mm and approx. 10m x 10m x 10m. In the case of large components (from approx. 1m x 1m x 1m), we combine 3D surface scanning with the photogrammetry procedure in order to achieve higher accuracy. The accuracy of the scanner at short range is between 0.006 mm and 0.08 mm for individual scans, depending on the measuring volume.
more on close-range scanning / reverse engineering
- Long-range scanning involves the use of a terrestrial laser scanner to scan things like complete buildings, building facades, production and supply facilities, accident scenes and large-volume components in 3D. An individual scan has an accuracy of approx. ±3 mm.
more on long-range scanning
The application areas of 3D Scanning are particularly diverse and form the basis for:
- the reproduction of the object, either by exact reverse engineering or by a parametric reconstruction of the component with the 3D CAD system, if required with 2D drawing derivation
- the quality assurance: 3D target/actual comparisons, through 3D geometry control between scanned component and CAD model, wall thickness analyses, checking of form and position tolerances, etc.
- the creation of STL data of the component, which can be used for 3D printing for stereolithography applications, or CAE applications (FEM, CFD)
- the creation of floor plans or cross-sections, etc.